2024 Contest Season Announcement
Hello Show Choir Directors!
As you are planning your 2024 competition season, I’m excited to invite you to the Show Choirs of Indiana Championships to be held at Noblesville High School on Saturday, March 16, 2024.
Here’s what you can expect to see at this contest:
1. The 5 adjudicators will be accepted experts in high school show choir, not from Indiana, and with no production ties to the competing groups.
2. 35 minute performance slots. We will time group performances to keep the event on schedule but slightly bigger windows will remove (reduce?) the stress of setting up in an unfamiliar space, allow your band to tune and have a short sound check.
3. Risers will be provided and set up to your specifications with assistance by your crew and ours. We will have available “standard” 4×4 with extensions available on all levels. We will have stairs to all levels except level 1.
4. We will have professional sound engineers working the entire day to provide you with the best sound reinforcement available. You are encouraged but not required to use the provided Clavinova. We will also have a house drum set, guitar amp, bass amp, and keyboard amp available. Feel free to use your own. Anything you are not using will not be on the stage during your performance.
5. Adequate homeroom space for your group! Secure homerooms. Large Univoice Choirs will have 2 rooms. SATB will have 2 rooms. We will not decorate your rooms with streamers, balloons or candy. We want you to be able to easily navigate the room. Show Choirs travel with so much “stuff”! Not adding to the challenge is our goal.
6. This will be a single round contest featuring the best high school show choirs in Indiana. Sorry Ohio, Illinois. This is an Indiana Thing.
Our goal is to create a great wrap up to your Indiana Show Choir Season by gathering the best Hoosier Show Choirs for a fun, supportive and celebrating the excellence of the birthplace of competitive high school show choir.
Take the leap and join us for a brand new, fun and educational day. Please direct any questions to me. NHS is looking forward to welcoming you and your students.
Enjoy the rest of your school year! Rest up during the Summer. It all starts again all too soon.
John Neubauer, Noblesville High School
Here is the entry form: https://forms.gle/ZAaoN4JVyEuRZM4s7