The care of costumes is extremely important because we use these from year to year. Any costume not returned, damaged or stained will be the responsibility of the costume wearer to either fix or replace the costume. The director(s) will determine the appropriate action.
Below is a general breakdown of what the choir members are required to have:
- Flesh colored hose/tights
- Bustier (Nude) No Straps ~ clear or nude colored (Show Choirs Only)
- Bra with clear straps or a strapless bra (Concert Choirs Only)
- Black Spanx or Black Dance Briefs NOT Dance Shorts (Show Choir Only)
- Black Dance Briefs or Dance Shorts (Concert Choirs Only)
- Tan character shoes with 2″ heels
- Black socks
- Black dress shoes
- Black athletic (compression) shorts (Show Choirs Only)
- Black belt with a silver buckle
Costume & Shoe Tidbits
- Tan Character Shoes – You can go to any dance store to get measured and purchase the shoes. We recommend getting the 2″ heels from www.discountdance.com item #T3200. You can also order them from Amazon for the same price. Search for: Theatricals 2″ Heel Tan Character Shoes.
- Black Dress Shoes – Must be lace up shoes.
- Girls Bustier – We recommend getting fitted at Barbara’s New Beginnings @ The Shops at River Crossing (8635 River Crossing Blvd, Indianapolis 46240) If you mention you are there for Show Choir the staff will know what bustier to get.
- Show Choir Girls – You must be covered completely for back stage changes, please get a long bustier